Spotlight photos - Public Art

No one said this was going to be easy!  Which is just as well or I would be crying foul. 

I thought that absolutely everyone that participated last Friday had at least one winning shot. 

Kim was the first to put up her link and I knew as soon as I saw her offerings that I was going to have a hard time choosing the Spotlight photos for this week. I simply couldn't decide which of hers I liked best and resorted to "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe"  (I don't know if that childrens' game is played in all the countries of our team members so have included a link to explain it.)  And The Kiss won the game!

It was the same with Mark's Boston statues.  This one? that one? or the other one?  In the end the perspective of this one won out.  Look how that guy soars with the skyscrapers!


I don't know who that chap is but no doubt there is a story behind his statue.  I like statues as commerative statements and I like it when there is a deeper meaning to art (when I can work out the meaning, that is).   When that meaning can evoke an emotional response I think we have a quite remarkable work of art.  I thought the flip side of this work of art in Ginger's home town was threatening and ugly (depicting as it does the disasterous mudslides of January this year) and didn't want to look at it again.  But I like the thought that I can put that behind me and look to the future on this side.  There is something very uplifting about this aspect, don't you think?

032

Thank you, Lisa, for pausing in your travels to join us again. I don't know the history of  Crazy Horse but I do love the monumental images you showed us, especially this one.  So huge, yet so life like.


And we know Singapore would have some fabulous examples of public art, didn't we?  This is my favourite of Jama's shots this week.  She gave this golden beauty his wings!



Good luck, everyone, with Complementary Colours.

Comments

  1. Pauline - nice choises - next week My turn - hope the process hasn't changed since I did it last - more than a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Pauline. It is always tough, but these were some of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for choosing one of mine again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone! I haven't done a hop around the blogs yet but the photos Pauline chose for the Spotlight are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for choosing my photo again. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: